An Omelet Breakfast – 2.25.11
Posted by Shannon on 02/25/2011
This morning I woke up hungry for more than my standard breakfast. I wanted an omelet filled w/ tangy cheddar & creamy avocado. Along the way, sliced strawberries, toasted sourdough w/ butter & a healthy dollop of seedless berry jam, salty bacon and coffee made their way into the mix too.
Cooking this took me back to elementary school. For a good five months I was consumed with learning to make the perfect cheese omelet. Trial and error resulted in me learning:
- the proper ferocity to whisk the eggs with
- which seasonings to use, and which will never taste good
- whether a splash of milk or water creates the fluffier omelet
- ample butter in the pan, paired with a low heat setting is key
- if the final fold is disastrous, quickly swirl, chop and fold everything in the pan with the spatula. Bam…you’ve got the cheesy scrambled eggs you mean to make all along ;).
Happy weekend, we’re a few hours away. With the Academy Awards on Sunday… expect a few shots of my appetizer and/or dessert contributions to the viewing party I’m attending!